Frequently Asked Questions:
1. I have a machine and need a manual for it. Do you have the manual I need?
I only have the manuals posted in the online store part of my website.
2. I am doing a collection in university and would like to access your archives. Can you send them to me them via email?
No, but you are welcome to come to my studio and view them here. I am located in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
3. I would like to do a work-study with you.
Great! I am located in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Email me and we will set something mutually beneficial up.
4. I need guidance with yarn thicknesses and appropriate tension for my machine.
Consult your manual. Try some samples. Take notes on what does and doesn't work. Trial and error is a great teacher.
5. I would like some lessons on machine knitting.
Great, I specialize in operating dubied and santagostino hand flats from gauge 4 to 12. I have experience with motorized hand flats and analog pattern devices pre 1960's. I have no experience with electronic or computerized machines. Email me for details.
6. I would like to stock your knits in my store.
Great, email me and I will send you a pricelist.
7. I have a machine someone in my family owned and it has been passed to me. Would you like to buy it?
Maybe. If you know the model number (found on the left hand side of the knitting machine bed) and gauge send that information to me.
I might also know someone interested in the machine.
8. I have a machine someone in my family owned or that I have found and I'd like you to tell me how much it is worth.
Google dubied machines and look on eBay, kijiji and gumtree for knitting machines to find prices.